This apple turkey brine is quick and easy and leaves your turkey moist with a hint of apple.
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 3 cups of kosher (non-iodized) salt
- 2 gallons of water
- Put your turkey in a food safe container large enough to hold the turkey completely submerged.
- Mix 1 cup of salt to the 1 gallon of apple cider and pour it over the turkey making sure some goes into the turkeys cavity.
- Mix 1 cup of he kosher salt with the gallon of water and pour it over the turkey.
- If the turkey is not fully submerged mix the other cup of salt with the gallon of water and pour it over the turkey to completely submerge it.
- Soak overnight.
- Rinse the turkey thoroughly and it is ready to cook.