- 1 pound great Northern beans sorted and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 3 cups chopped ham (cooked)
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/2 a tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 a tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of A-1 sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- Cook the Northern beans on low until they are semi soft then add the other ingredients and simmer on low until beans are thoroughly cooked. Serve with crackers or bread.
This is a quick and easy but very hearty soup to make. We love to make this on the cold winter days and we usually make it after we have cooked a big ham for the holidays. It can be frozen and reheated for later making it a favorite easy to fix meal with our busy schedules.