This is a brine recipe for making a sweet brine turkey. for an extra maple flavor you can baste the turkey with some maple syrup while cooking!
- 2 cups maple syrup
- 3 cups kosher salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 gallons water
- Mix the maple syrup, water, brown sugar, and salt and stir thoroughly until the sugar and salt is dissolved and everything is mixed well.
- Put the turkey in a food-safe container and pour the brine mixture over the turkey.
- Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and rinse and pat dry.
- Turkey is ready for cooking.